Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update from Susan



greetings. sisters.

today i had surgery for a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder which has hurt for years. i got home at seven this evening, and because the nerve block has not worn off yet. i am not in much pain. I will have a completely immobilized left arm for six weeks, and then i will start four months of physical therapy. please forgive the absense of capital letters - i am a one-armed bandit at the present. I'm lucky to have my sweet husband who is already hard at work waiting on me hand and foot.

i wish everyone a happy and safe summer. after my post-op appointment next week we will go to the cabin with our kids to celebrate the 4th and our older grandson's seventh birthday. i plan to spend most of my time in a recliner reading good books. does anyone have a recommendation for a good read?

hope to see everyone at our next get-together.

susan bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment